8/13/2009

Dr. Sketchy August: Scarab Club and People's Art Festival


First: Just a reminder that we'll be gathering at the Scarab Club next Thursday - cocktail social starts at 6pm, sketching at 7pm. I think this'll be an extra-amazing one, so I hope you can come by and help celebrate Sketchy's 3rd birthday!

Second: I've just received an invitation from Kirk at the Motorcityblog (a great resource for what's happenin' around town, and who've been very good about promoting Sketchy in the past) to hold a session at their booth at the People's Art Festival on Sunday, August 30. If you've never been, People's is a sprawling, raucous art fair staged at the Russell industrial complex (just south of Hamtramck off I-75) and featuring tons of talent from around the area, plus music, food, beer and more. Hosting Sketchy there sounds fun as hell, so I'm in the process of making the arrangements. When I have details I'll let you know, but for now keep that Sunday open!

No comments: