6/01/2007

Why do I even worry?


Every time we do a Sketchy session, I fret, "this'll be the night no one shows up! I shoulda promoted better! I suck! Wah!" But no need to panic - we had lots of regulars and a number of new faces too, including one woman who'd only come to see the band later that night and ended up borrowing a sketchbook to join us. If last night is the house we get when I don't promote the thing until last minute, what'll happen when I start advertising? I won't have room for everybody!

Thanks to everyone who came out last night for DS:9. Muana was a lot of fun to draw, and somehow the polka dot dress and sailor outfit she wore early in the evening went really well with the silver stars and crepe paper hanging around the Belmont - suddenly it felt like V-J Day in Hamtramck (although the Tom Waites music was sort of incongruous...)!

So send those drawings my way so we can share them with the world (photos too, so you won't have to endure too many of my grainy snapshots!)

No comments: